It is December. I am embarrassed to admit I have been wondering what to do about December for days. Art Every Day Month is over. Will I stop making art? Will I stop the other behaviors (meditating, exercising) that I connected with making art?
I have to laugh at myself. I decided to make art every day. There was no one making me do it and there is no one grading me on my participation. My thought, "where do I go from here?" is only a thought. It pulls me into a future that has not yet arrived. If I stay in the here and now, I will be all right.
Here is what I did the last four days of November.
- Texture again
- Experiment with an object
- Meditation on Strong Feelings
- Following the Hand 11-30-10
With the new notebook, I created some new rules.
- I don't have to create something new every day. I can add to a painting done on an earlier day.
- I don't have to use only one piece of paper every day. (I bought three notebooks.)
- I don't have to blog about what I create every week, nor do I have to scan and post the results.
Those are thoughts and ideas. I can welcome them with "curious attention" (as one of my favorite meditation guides would say).
When it comes to continuing to paint in the coming month, I just need to pick up the brush.