Friday, March 4, 2011

Surrender

If you follow these posts, you know I have a tendency toward activity: 12 steps to do this, five reasons to do that, fill the bingo card with M&Ms...

A few nights ago, I was led in a guided meditation to imagine an encounter with a Great Healer. Imagine the healer's hands on my head or shoulders, imagine the look of compassion, imagine the message.

The Great Healer said to me: "it's all right. You don't have to try so hard."

Exhale.

I spend time in the busyness of healing: exercises, right eating, right thinking – even meditation becomes another item on the to-do list.

This message reminded me that I am not in control. I don't have to spend energy and effort being in control. No amount of self-improvement will get me into heaven.

I am called again to turn my will and my life over to the God of my understanding.

Selah

2 comments:

Nicole said...

What a nice post. I've had MS since 2000. Now, I've started blogging. It helps especially when I come across ones like yours. I look up to your spirit and voice. I hope my blog lives up to the standard you are setting here. I'll be back.

Kate Wolfe-Jenson said...

Thanks for your kind words, Nicole. Writing is good for my soul and having people read it is fun. I look forward to hearing more of your voice!