I love practice. Have I mentioned that before? Forgiveness is built into practice.
- I plan to do something. (Intention)
- I make an effort to do it. (Action)
- It doesn't go the way I think it "should" go. (Judgment)
- I let go of my ideas about what should have happened. (Mercy)
- I reset or re-envision my intention. (Resilience)
Forgiveness becomes a practice of letting it go and letting it go and letting it go.
I first heard Mary Johnson's story on the CBS news. A short time later, I was delighted to watch it from a different angle as as a trailer promoting one of my favorite art experiments, The SMOOCH Project.
Mary teaches me that "unforgivable" may not exist.